How do patent drawings help in better framing patent applications?
Utility patent drawings or Utility patent illustrations are one of the prime components that are helpful in designing patent applications.
It’s important to explicate the significance of patent drawings. High-quality patent drawings eminently improve the possibility of patenting your ideas and inventions. Patent drawing experts highly acknowledge the need of law firms, corporations, and inventors. They evidently help in drawing the inventions onto the paper.
What do we do?
Our team comprises many patient illustration experts, that help to deliver the drawings in compliance with the USPTO. Our drawings agreement flawless and follow many global patent offices such as SIPO. UKIPO and other global patent offices. Designing patent drawings helps in safeguarding your inventive idea. However, it is important to take into consideration that patent drawings don’t protect the function of your invention, but also help in the easy formulation of the patent applications. Before the design is being formulated and finalized, it is vital on our part to identify the professional patent illustrator in the market. Our team is composed of the professional and trained patent illustrators, that do help in finalizing the drawings in the simplest way.
Who is a professional patent illustrator and how do they render the best possible results?
Patent illustrators are the artists who with the help of their imagination, conceptual knowledge creates the sketches and designs. Since, drawings are the most important and critical component of the patent application, patent illustrators help to elucidate the clear illustration of the invention and that helps in strengthening the application. However, one should scrutinize the professional illustrator so that he can carry out the tasks effectively.
What is the need for professional patent illustrators?
A lot of patent drawing rules are stipulated by patent offices. So, it is incumbent upon the investors that the patient illustrator /company to whom they are commissioning the drawing has gained the adequate experience. Since there are a lot of patent drawing rules and regulations that they should know before they are going to file a patent in any of the jurisdictions.
Let us have a glance at some of the important requisites that should be included in the patent application.
- Paper size shall be A-4, that is 210mm*297mm or 8 ½ by 11 inches (it is called de-facto North American Standard).
- The illustrator should also keep in mind about the margins, that is almost a minimum margin of 2 cm should be kept at the top and the bottom and the sides of each sheet and 2.5 cm on the left side of every sheet.
- Moreover, font size and the type of font used is also of the considerate importance. For instance, the fonts like Arial, Times Roman and Courier can be used and for it the font size should be kept 12, and the lettering styles should have the capital letters that must be equal to 0.3175 cm that is 0.125 inches, but that should not be smaller than 0.21 cm.
Apart from these there are other patent rules that the illustrators need to consider while filing patent. Applicants can also file a non-Provisional patent application and that too without illustrations but usually, it is not recommendable.
What are the things you look for while you identify the Professional Patent Illustrators?
A person who has got a very good experience and who is well versed with the requirements of different patent offices of distinct jurisdictions and common examiner rejections is termed as a professional patent illustrator.
- Sound knowledge of patent office rules: – A Professional Patent Illustrator is the one who knows all the rules and regulations and who is able to meet the standards and specifications for varied patent offices like the United States Patent and Trademark office, Patient Cooperation Treaty etc . For instance, if an illustrator is familiar with patent regulatory norms, it would help him to understand the nuance of patent drawings and it would thereby minimize the possibility of mistakes.
- Technical Knowledge: – A professional patent illustrator is one who knows how to meld arts and mechanics and therefore, he can create the meticulous works using different software’s like AutoCAD, CorelDRAW etc. Apart from it, a professional patent illustrator is one who can comprehend the principles of an invention and he can demonstrate it descriptively so that he can aid in the examiner’s understanding. Also, illustrator should have sound knowledge of 3D drawings and he should know how to extract various views,internal features details and sectional view of 3 D files from the source file.
- Effective Communication Skills: – More oftenly , simple patent illustrations ,do not always need discussions and interations . Sometimes, in the case of complex inventions, communication plays a very critical role. For instance, illustrator may have some questions that do pertain to the source material provided. To save time and minimize possibilities of mistakes in patent drawings, an illustrator should effectively communicate all requirements to the innovators. Furthermore, illustrators can also suggest additions and improvements which is based on the patent process.
The Bottom Line: –
Patent drawings are one of the vital components of the patent application. For instance, if we do talk about the illustrations, they do not only simplify the descriptions of the invention in the patent application, but also does enhance the chances of a patent grant. However, in order to avoid the complexities, applicants are advised to carefully select a professional patent illustrator, so that they can leverage out the patent drawings completely.
Moreover, if you are wishing to look for a professional patent illustrator you can explore our patent illustration /drawing services. Our team is composed of professional patent illustrators who provide different types of patent drawings like utility drawings and trademarks.